Does IGF-1 Spray Actually Produce Muscle Gains?
Table of Contents
Deer antler spray is made from the velvet-like tissue that covers the antlers of male deer in time of a yearly cycle when the deer’s antlers are grown and shed.
Eastern Chinese medicine has long held the belief that the velvet-like tissue contained homeopathic assets.
A group of researchers at the Invermay Research Center in New Zealand discovered that high levels of IGF-1 were found in deer blood during the antler growth period as well as in IGF-1 receptors in the antlers.
Deer antler also contains calcium, magnesium, zinc, and a full range of amino acids and anti-inflammatory prostaglandins, and most deer antler velvet that is for sale as a dietary supplement comes from Korea or Australia.
- One bottle containing 180 ZMA capsules with zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6
- Clinical trials have shown that ZMA can significantly increase anabolic output and muscle strength in well-trained athletes
- May also help to increase endurance, muscle healing and growth, and restful sleep
- Increase muscle strength and helps muscles recover from intense workouts and extreme training
- Promotes natural deep sleep cycles with less waking episodes
- TOP SELLING - Advanced Muscle Growth Enhancer designed to support your workouts, your energy levels and your physique. We serve thousands of satisfied...
- CUSTOM AMINO BLEND - Designed to support the body in power and endurance training.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - GMP Certified Manufacturing to guarantee purity in every bottle.
- MILITARY GRADE - Field Tested for Optimal Performance.
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED! We want you to be able to give your 100% during your workouts and not worry about your money; hence, if you aren't...
- OUR EXTREME Formula is 400mg and twice the strength of regular Muscle Force. THE PROPRIETARY FORMULA is designed to increase strength, lean muscle and...
- NOW FIVE TIMES MORE CONCENTRATED AT 43X in an ALL NATURAL PRESERVATIVE which increases bioavailability! THE INTENSE TASTE OF THIS FORMULA IS DUE TO...
- All our raw materials are U.S. sourced & manufactured. NEW TASTING FORMULA with higher concentrations and all natural preservatives, for those wanting...
- Free Shipping on all U.S. orders! Our commitment to our customers is to provide only the highest quality supplements.
- YOU CAN TRUST THE HERBAL NUTRITION BRAND! Our goal is to help people improve the quality of their lives, by providing nutritional supplements that...
Last update on 2018-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What Are Prostaglandins?
Prostaglandins are hormone-like compounds produced in body tissue that help control blood pressure, smooth muscle activity, ease inflammation, glandular secretion, calcium movement, regulates hormone, and control cell growth.
Prostaglandins also control the substances involved in the transmission of nerve impulses, helping to play a role in the body’s defenses against infection, and regulating the rate of metabolism.
Deer Antler Velvet
Deer antler velvet is supposed to help you build muscle, and the effects of deer antler velvet on health will depend on the animal from which it was harvested from (deer, caribou, moose or elk) and the nutrition of the animal.
Deer antler allegedly elevates levels of IGF-1, which is an important hormone that helps you pack on lean mass, resulting in improvements in strength and endurance. Some merchandises even claim it speeds recovery of damaged tissues.
And, while scientific studies on deer antler velvet may be scarce, deer antler velvet has been used by traditional Chinese medicine as a treatment for infertility, joint inflammation, and even hypertension.
Also, traditional medicine has used deer antler velvet to improve mental alertness and memory, using it to boost immune system function and to speed up wound healing and recovery.
It also plays a role to slow aging, balance iron levels, improve libido in both male and female, and restore joint health.
Previously, the IGF-1 was only available as a prescription injectable medicine, good thing is that IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor) can now be effectively taken as an oral spray known as deer antler extract.
Hypertrophy and Hyperplasia
Hypertrophy is the kind of muscle growth that occurs when growth factor causes existing individual muscle fibers to expand,
while Hyperplasia is the kind of muscle growth that occurs as a result of the accumulation of additional, new muscle fibers.
As muscle fibers are torn apart as a result of intense exercise, more blood and oxygen is sent to the area, spurring increased protein manufacturing.
The body does this to protect the area from further damage, and the action ends up resulting in larger and stronger muscles.
The hormones IGF-1 and testosterone are among the chemical signalers which instruct muscles to grow, as well as protecting against the breakdown of muscle tissue at the cellular level.
The logic would follow that adding these hormones as supplements into the body could aid the process of muscle growth and retention.
Does Deer Antler Velvet Work?
Now that we know IGF-1 is an anabolic hormone capable of increasing muscle growth, it then makes the question on if deer Antler Velvet works, a matter of answering two precedent questions, being:
- Does Deer Antler Velvet contain significant amounts of IGF-1?
- If it does, is the IGF-1 from Deer Antler Velvet biologically active in human beings when orally administered?
The hypothesis that both questions can be answered in the affirmative is knotted within Deer Antler Velvet marketability.
Problems with Supplementing IGF-1
Unfortunately, we cannot simply swallow a growth factor pill every day to achieve results as already mentioned above, because strong acids in the stomach will destroy the bioavailability of these hormone factors, rendering them unusable.
This is a significant obstacle for supplementation and muscle support with IGF-1.
The primary way for supplementing growth hormones is usually through local injections, directly injected into each muscle. This method is unworkable for many, but the few weight training athletes, undertaking regimens that are doctor-supervised.
Growth hormones are difficult to supplement in balanced levels, and too many hormones can result in serious side effects, like mood disorders, a growth of unwanted sexual characteristics, and even cancers and tumors.
Based on these reasons, these substances are generally considered banned or controlled substances by the FDA.
Also, intense muscle gains through growth hormones and steroids can be highly addictive, such that the desire for muscle gains becomes so strong that safe use of hormones is unheeded.
One known method for safely supplementing manageable amounts of growth factor comes in the form of deer antler extract sprays, and by distilling the growth factor into a micro-fine spray, IGF can be directly delivered effectively under the tongue.
The results or benefits begin to develop over a few weeks of regular use, and such benefits include:
- Increase in Lean muscle gains
- Enhanced Endurance for athletes
- Increased Fat burning
- Speedy Injury recovery
IGF-1 spray in the form of deer antler extract is legal and does not require a prescription by any doctor. It is also non-addictive and is not associated with serious steroid side effects.
For these reasons, it has won the heart of many as a promising new way to enhance muscle growth without the risk of hormone therapy.
The final component of any bodybuilding plan is usually supplementation, and protein becomes the focus for most casual bodybuilders, but that’s just the start.
A great fitness plan should include greens, amino acids, omegas, and basic mineral supplements. However, a growth factor in the form of IGF-1 spray could greatly hasten progress.
An IGF-1 spray is not enough on its own to create ripped lean muscle, and give you your heart desires, but when combined with sensible diet and a steadfast workout schedule, these sprays can lead to fabulous gains, making Injury recovery faster, and increasing endurance.
In fact, overall immunity is boosted. All the things that have been said in this article make IGF products like deer antler spray worth exploring for anyone serious about improving their form in the gym.