L-arginine Benefits For Men
Table of Contents
L-arginine is an amino acid, a chemical substance that our body relies on to keep its vital processes running normally.
Our body is usually capable of producing sufficient amounts of L-arginine on its own, but may occasionally need supplementation.
L-arginine can play a role in lowering the risk of several diseases that men are particularly prone to developing, and can also help boost certain aspects of physical performance.
L-arginine benefits include improved sexual performance, fertility, athletic performance and better circulatory health for men.
- SUPERIOR EXTRA STRENGTH L-ARGININE - Our Premium L-Arginine stacks Arginine HCI & Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate with Citrulline, a precursor to Nitric...
- SAFELY SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIFESTYLE & LEAN MUSCLE - L-Arginine is an essential amino acid that converts into Nitric Oxide, thereby helping to promote...
- SUPPORTS BIGGER PUMPS, PERFORMANCE, VASCULARITY AND GAINS - Arginine supports energy levels and lean muscle. In addition to promoting blood flow,...
- RELIABLE - Our formula contains NO preservatives, chemicals, artificial ingredients or sugars so you can trust that you are using an all-natural...
- GMP Certified
- Amino Acid
- Double Strength
- Premium Grade
- FROM AMERICA'S #1 SELLING BODY BUILDING SUPPLEMENT BRAND - Six Star Pre-Workout Explosion is from the makers of MuscleTech, so you know it's a premium...
- SUBJECTS GAINED 18.6% MORE STRENGTH - Subjects using the exact form of creatine in the formula increased their strength capacity on the bench press by...
- ENHANCES MUSCLE PERFORMANCE - with powerful ingredients like ultra-premium beta-alanine, creatine monohydrate, arginine AKG and ultra-clean caffeine...
- ELEVATES MENTAL PERFORMANCE & WORKOUT INTENSITY - with scientifically researched dose of caffeine
- ENGINEERED FOR ALL ATHLETES: the fuel you want before your workout for extreme energy, focus and intensity
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
L-Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide (NO), which causes blood vessels to expand and thus it increases blood flow. It is consumed as a dietary supplement for different purposes, including:
- Improving erectile function in men.
- Increasing sperm count/motility.
- Improving heart health
- Improving circulation.
- Reducing blood pressure, BP.
- Reducing leg pain, especially, one that results from poor circulation.
- Speeding up healing and recovery, especially after surgery.
This compound can stimulate the release of insulin and growth hormone, helping to put the body into an anabolic state where it burns fat and builds more muscle.
L-Arginine for Erectile Dysfunction
L-Arginine is one of the most used alternative remedies for erectile dysfunction because it increases the levels of nitric oxide (NO) in the blood. Nitric oxide is a potent vasodilator that generates a similar effect to PDE5 inhibitor drugs, like Viagra.
However, one must consume large quantities of L-arginine to notice an improvement in penile blood flow and erection strength.
There is one study that showed that taking pine bark extract together with a relatively low dose of L-Arginine was many times more successful in improving erectile dysfunction, than taking L-Arginine alone.
It does not matter if you have erectile dysfunction or not, taking L-Arginine regularly can have a long-lasting positive effect on circulation to your penis, which improves erection response time, hardness, and longer erection.
L-Arginine Benefits for Men
Bodybuilders and other strength-based athletes often utilize nitric oxide boosters because it is a powerful vasodilator.
Vasodilators relax the endothelium which lines the inside of blood vessels, and when the inner linings of the blood vessels are relaxed, they increase in diameter and are able to deliver more blood throughout the body, without causing an increase in blood pressure.
Increasing circulation on its own can actually result in profound benefits throughout the body.
Thus, taking L-arginine result in an increased delivery of oxygen, nutrients, hormones and other beneficial substances throughout the circulatory system.
With more blood and nutrients delivered to the muscles, performance is enhanced during exercises and work out.
L-arginine is needed for the synthesis of ribonucleic acid (RNA) as well as for protein synthesis.
It is also needed to maintain a healthy immune system and to help the kidneys and liver expel toxic substances like ammonia, from the body.
Angina denotes chest pains behind the breastbone. Though not a disease, it is the primary symptom of coronary heart disease.
Angina develops when the heart’s blood vessels fail to get an adequate blood supply. It is more common and intense in men than in women.
However, taking L-arginine supplements can help dilate the blood vessels, thereby decreasing the chest pain associated with angina and improving patients’ tolerance.
Other Functions of L-arginine
L-arginine is used in a number of important functions within the body. It helps in the injury healing process, helps the kidneys eliminate waste products from the body system and supports our immune and hormonal functions.
L-arginine’s conversion into nitric oxide within the body causes blood vessel relaxation or vasodilation. This effect can help treat a number of heart-related conditions.
Side Effects of L-Arginine
L-Arginine is generally safe and well-tolerated in adults. There have been no noticeable side effects. However, here are some safety notes:
- L-Arginine lowers blood pressure, so, avoid taking medications for high blood pressure together with L-Arginine. It may cause your blood pressure to drop too low.
- L-Arginine improves circulation and increases blood flow. It may interact with nitrates or other medications that increase blood flow.
- Avoid taking L-Arginine with Viagra or any other erectile dysfunction drug.
- Consuming high doses of L-arginine may cause diarrhea.
Symptoms of arginine deficiency include constipation, hair loss, delayed wound healing, skin rash, and fatty liver.
Finally, it is important to note that all potential L-arginine benefits for men should be discussed with a medical specialist before starting to take this supplement.