Effects and Safety of African Mango Seed Extract
Table of Contents
- 1 African Mango Seed Extract
- 2 The use of African Mango Seed Extract for Detoxification
- 3 African Mango Seed for Reducing Levels of Cholesterol
- 4 Irvingia Reviews For Insulin Resistance
- 5 Pros of African Mango seed extract
- 6 Cons of African Mango Extract and Side Effects
- 7 Conclusions
African mango seed extract is commonly used as a weight loss supplement. The popularity of the supplement grew after it was featured on Dr. Oz show by Dr. Mehmet.
African mango is a common name for a tree of African origin with the scientific name, Irvingia gabonensis. The African mango tree can grow up to forty feet height. The tree manufactures fruits that are yellowish to orange color or green color and are popularly known as African mangos.
The seeds of these fruits are made up of healthy fats, fiber, unstable essential oils, minerals and a lot of other plant nutrients. African mango is not historically used as a medicine, but is usually eaten as edible fruits in the regions of Africa where it originated.
African mango seed extract is utilized for obesity, weight loss, diabetes, high levels of blood lipid and for pain relief. There are minimal available researches on the therapeutic effects of African mango.
As a result, the Natural Medicines comprehensive Database indicates that there is less than enough clinical studies to rate how effectual the African mango is as a diet capsule of for other therapies.
- 180 CAPSULES (NON-GMO) - BEST VALUE ON AMAZON - You receive 180 capsules which is a 3-month supply, for half the price offered by others! Best of...
- NATURAL AFRICAN MANGO EXTRACT: Irvingia Gabonensis Extract is praised for its ability to help reduce body fat, help promote weight loss, and help...
- POTENT & POWERFUL WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT - NusaPure's African Mango pills will help you boost your metabolism, overcome cravings, suppress your...
- NATURAL FORMULATION: No unnecessary fillers, binders, or potentially harmful preservatives means no unwanted side effects for you! NusaPure's...
- PROMOTE FAT METABOLISM: Pure African Mango Extract by Floraceutical Naturals. African Mango Fruit helps promote WEIGHT LOSS naturally. Stimulate...
- Pure Wild African Mango (Irvingia Gabonensis) Extract Powder. Non-GMO and Vegan Friendly.
- Powerfully Promotes Weight Loss, Reduces Body Fat, Cholesterol and Leptin. Without any Lifestyle Changes.
- No GMOs, No additives, No preservatives, No,artificial colors, No flavors, No Soy and Gluten-free.
- Scoop included to get the perfect measurement every time. Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, and see what the...
- Powder lover? Take it naturally in powder for higher concentration, quicker absorption, easier on the stomach, and more ways to have fun!
- 180 CAPSULES - BEST VALUE ON AMAZON - You receive 180 vegetable capsules which is a 3-month supply, for half the price offered by others! Best of all,...
- QUICK WEIGHT LOSS - The extract of IRVINGIA GARBONENSIS fruit helps you achieve rapid weight loss without any of the effort. Become healthier and...
- POTENT & POWERFUL WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENT - aSquared Nutrition's African Mango pills will help you boost your metabolism, overcome cravings, suppress...
- NATURAL FORMULATION: No unnecessary fillers, binders, or potentially harmful preservatives or GMOs means no unwanted side effects for you! aSquared...
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD: aSquared Nutrition takes pride in quality and reliability. You'll love our ever-expanding product line such as CoQ10 400mg...
Last update on 2018-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
A preliminary trial studies show that African mango seed extract results to weight loss and the reduction of the levels of blood lipid. However, these studies were not widely accepted as conclusive because it made use of poor research methodology and influenced by prejudice from the producers who sponsored the studies.
Supplementary well-structured and properly reported human research is essential to ascertain whether there is any form of health benefits obtained in the extract of the African mango seed.
African Mango Seed Extract
A scientific study show that African mango supplement made from the African mango seed extract resulted to weight loss in overweight individuals placed on a low fat calorie-restricted diet.
Nevertheless, this study made use of poorly structured methodology and is regarded as inconclusive. The results of this study ought to be confirmed by other independent study/studies before the benefits of the extract can be established.
In a panacea-controlled study, I. gabonensis supplement taken together with a low-fat, calorie-restricted diet was observed to result to weight loss in individuals who are overweight.
Individuals who are in the treatment group were given three daily 1.05 g doses of I. gabonensis extract for a period of four weeks. The placebo group and the treatment group participants were placed on a 1,800 kCal per a day diet. At the end of the four weeks, individuals in the treatment group lost roughly 8.8 lbs each. The control group recorded no loss of noticeable weight loss.
The use of African Mango Seed Extract for Detoxification
African mango supplements are occasionally used for the detoxification of the liver and blood. It is frequently sold as diet-cleanse formula. In animal tests, Irvingia gabonensis has been noticed to effects pointers of liver function, but no such research has been carried out on human population.
The data present in the catalog of Natural Medicines illustrates that a water extract of I. gabonensis resulted to time- and dose-dependent reduction of uric acid, urea and total protein in the liver.
Another study on African mango seed extracts boosted a few symptoms of diabetes in rats suffering from treptozotocin-induced diabetes. This may be due to reductions in the distribution of a lot of liver phospholipids.
African Mango Seed for Reducing Levels of Cholesterol
Small sized clinical studies found that African mango extract affect the levels of cholesterol in overweight participants. One of such studies that involved human participants suffering from type II diabetes show that African mango seed extract:
• Boost the levels of the high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C);
• Minimize the levels of low density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C);
• Reduces very low density lipoprotein cholesterol (VLDL-C);
• Minimizes the levels of total cholesterol;
• Minimizes the levels of serum and hepatic triglyceride
African mango seed extract has also been found to affect the levels of blood lipid in small trial studies.
Nevertheless, the efficiency of some of these trial studies is compromised due to poor methodology used or possible bias from the supplement manufacturers.
Additional research is required in order to be able to determine accurately the therapeutic effect of the African mango extract.
The weight loss effects of the African mango may be as a result of the high fibre content of the mango seed extract and do to large quantities of healthy fat it contains.
Fiber assists in the elimination of cholesterol from the body. Healthy fats may as well boost the breakdown of fatty acid metabolism, and slow down the growth of individual fat cells.
Irvingia Reviews For Insulin Resistance
A few online reviews on the benefits of Irvingia gabonensis note that it is used in the management of diabetes and metabolic syndrome. However, the FDA has not approved the medication for the treatment of Diabetes but a few natural health medical experts may recommend it for supporting normal levels of blood sugar and insulin sensitivity.
Insulin hormone is produced in the pancreas and determines the manner in which glucose is absorbed and made use of by the body. Insulin is essential for glucose to enter the body cells and be used in the production of energy.
Insulin as well functions in the fat, muscles and liver to reserve and release glucose when it is needed for any process of metabolism. If the body cells become poor responsive to insulin, it can result to the buildup blood glucose and storage of glucose in the body tissues as fat.
Pros of African Mango seed extract
• Irvingia gabonensis is a popular dietary supplement commonly used for weight loss.
• African Mango supplement may help to reduce insulin resistance
• A study found that 4 grams of Irvingia gabonensis seed fiber for four weeks help to minimize the levels of fasting blood glucose levels.
• Irvingia extract also result to significant reductions in total and low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels
• It boosts the levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
• It can be used in the treatment of Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes.
• It has a positive effect on insulin sensitivity
• It is a potential treatment for people with Metabolic Syndrome.
Cons of African Mango Extract and Side Effects
The majorities of users of African mango seed extract supplements commonly experience no side effects. Anytime they occur, they are usually mild and non-permanent. In the few clinical trial studies available, there is no major difference in the occurrence of side effects in the placebo and the treatment group.
• The data presented in Natural Medicines journal recorded that the African Mango seed extracts may be associated with side effects like mild nausea and/or gassiness.
• It may as well be associated with neurological side effects like headaches and/or sleeplessness.
• Individuals who have been scheduled for surgery ought to stop the use of African mango supplements at least two weeks before scheduled date of the operation. Make sure you inform your doctor of the supplement you are taking.
• African mango seed extract may result to low levels of blood sugar. Because of this, individuals making use of this medication or other herbal supplements that have hypoglycemic properties need to be very cautious when making use of the African mango supplements.
Additional research is required to determine the conclusive clinical efficiency of Irvingia extract therapeutic uses. To remain always safe, make sure you get in touch with your doctor before taking African mango extracts, particularly if you have an already existing medical condition or if you use either prescription or over-the-counter medications.