What you will learn...
- 1 Why you need exercise for fitness not just weight loss
- 1.1 Physical exercise improves quality of life
- 1.2 Physical exercise for fitness not weight loss enhances your mental wellness.
- 1.3 Physical exercise for fitness not weight loss boosts your physical wellness
- 1.4 Exercise for fitness extends your optimal health
- 1.5 Like this:
Exercise for fitness and not for weight loss has a lot of health benefits particularly if you are at risk for cardiovascular disease or already suffering from cardiovascular disease. We all need exercise to keep fit irrespective of our age. Even those who have some health issues like heart disease and diabetes can still exercise. Research found that physical exercise is beneficial even in those circumstances.
Older adults may engage more on age suitable exercises like brisk walking, riding a bike, swimming, weight lifting, and gardening. These are generally safe if you build up slowly. However, contact your doctor for advice if you are over fifty and have not been active for a while. Regular exercise for fitness not weight loss keeps you more physically and mentally fit and improves your overall health in the following ways:
Why you need exercise for fitness not just weight loss
Physical exercise improves quality of life
Exercise for fitness not weight loss add years to your life and help you to enjoy those additional years. It helps you to feel your best and boosts your zeal to continue to live. The American Heart Association recommends not less than 150 minutes of exercise of moderate intensity every week. You can schedule it for 30 minutes for 5 days every week and even when you can only do ten minutes of exercise every day, it will equally benefit your health and fitness goals.
Physical exercise for fitness not weight loss enhances your mental wellness.
Regular physical exercise can alleviate anxiety, stress, despair and irritation. You generally feel good right after physical activity, and the majority of people additionally observe an improvement in the overall well-being ultimately as they make physical exercise part of their day to day routine.
Physical exercise for fitness not weight loss boosts your physical wellness
Sitting too much or engaging more in sedentary activities can boost your risk to heart diseases. A study showed that adults who sit for more than four hours watching television everyday had a forty-six heightened risk of dying from any cause and an eighty percent extra risk of dying from cardiovascular disease. Getting more active lowers your blood pressure and as well boost your levels of good cholesterol.
Exercise for fitness extends your optimal health
Lack of exercise for fitness not weight loss makes you to slowly lose your vigor, staying power and ability to function well. Study found that those who live active lives live seven years longer than those who don’t.
Additional benefits of exercise for fitness not weight loss
- Boosts blood circulation and reduces risk to heart disease
- Assists with the struggle of quitting smoking
- Boosts the levels of blood cholesterol
- Averts and maintains high blood pressure
- Inhibits loss of bone
- Enhances your energy level
- Assists in stress management
- Helps to release tension
- Boosts enthusiasm and optimism
- Counteracts anxiety and depression
- Assists you to sleep faster and better
- Improves your physical fitness and boost self image
- Boosts the strength of bones and muscle and provides you with ability to carry out other physical activities.
- Minimizes your risk for cardiovascular diseases
- Lowers your risk for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes
- Reduces your risk of suffering for cancers
- Boosts your mental health and frame of mind
- Makes you fitter and stronger to carry on with your daily activities, improves your balance and avert falls in older adult.
- Boosts your longevity
Planning a specific time schedule to do physical exercise for fitness may be very difficult when you are starting out. However, if you start with even ten minutes per an exercise plan, it will add to your fitness goal eventually. The secret is to discover the right exercise for you. It ought to be fun and suit your capabilities.
Exercise for fitness not weight loss can additionally boost fitness of your heart and lungs. Begin slowly, and walk all the way up as your heart gets stronger. Start off with light or moderate intensity activity that last for short durations. Spread your sessions all through the week.
Majority of healthy adults do not need doctor’s recommendation before engaging in physical exercises. However, your healthcare providers can offer you advice on the best forms of exercises together with how to progress steadily and safely.