L-Arginine Benefits for Men, Health and Bodybuilding
Table of Contents
There are lots of supplements that are available on the market today that claim to increase men’s health in a variety of ways. L-arginine, a natural amino acid crucial to healthy body functioning is among them. Today, you will read L-Arginine Benefits for Men.
L-Arginine benefits include faster wound healing and helping to maintain the immune system and hormone functions. It further helps the kidneys remove waste products and relaxes the arteries.
L-Arginine is an amino acid and serves as a precursor of nitric oxide (NO), a chemical that helps blood vessels dilate and improve circulation within the body.
The benefits of L-arginine are derived from its roles in protein synthesis and in its service as a precursor to nitric oxide, a potent vasodilator.
- SUPERIOR EXTRA STRENGTH L-ARGININE - Our Premium L-Arginine stacks Arginine HCI & Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate with Citrulline, a precursor to Nitric...
- SAFELY SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIFESTYLE & LEAN MUSCLE - L-Arginine is an essential amino acid that converts into Nitric Oxide, thereby helping to promote...
- SUPPORTS BIGGER PUMPS, PERFORMANCE, VASCULARITY AND GAINS - Arginine supports energy levels and lean muscle. In addition to promoting blood flow,...
- RELIABLE - Our formula contains NO preservatives, chemicals, artificial ingredients or sugars so you can trust that you are using an all-natural...
- GMP Certified
- Amino Acid
- Double Strength
- Premium Grade
- FROM AMERICA'S #1 SELLING BODY BUILDING SUPPLEMENT BRAND - Six Star Pre-Workout Explosion is from the makers of MuscleTech, so you know it's a premium...
- SUBJECTS GAINED 18.6% MORE STRENGTH - Subjects using the exact form of creatine in the formula increased their strength capacity on the bench press by...
- ENHANCES MUSCLE PERFORMANCE - with powerful ingredients like ultra-premium beta-alanine, creatine monohydrate, arginine AKG and ultra-clean caffeine...
- ELEVATES MENTAL PERFORMANCE & WORKOUT INTENSITY - with scientifically researched dose of caffeine
- ENGINEERED FOR ALL ATHLETES: the fuel you want before your workout for extreme energy, focus and intensity
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For these reasons, L-arginine is important for cellular functions, muscle mass development and in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure, chest pain, and congestive heart failure.
Some symptoms of deficiency of L-Arginine include:
- Delay in sexual maturity,
- Impairment of the production of insulin,
- Impaired glucose tolerance, IGT and
- Liver lipid metabolism.
L-Arginine and Sexual Function
L-arginine has been linked to improved sexual function and is commonly used for treating men with erectile dysfunction.
A 1999 issue of the British Journal of Urology found that 5g per day of L-arginine, taken for 6 weeks improved sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction.
This is due to the fact that L-arginine helps dilates the arteries, increases blood flow and stimulates nitric oxide in the body.
Studies and studies have since been conducted into the use of L-arginine for sexual dysfunction and based on results, it has now become known as a safe and legitimate supplement for increasing the sexual function of both men and women.
L-arginine for Muscle Growth
L-arginine contributes to muscle growth because it help activates the synthesis of most proteins. L-arginine also signals muscle cells, encourages the release of growth hormone and promotes fat metabolism, while the muscle mass increases.
By reducing the fat stores underneath the skin and promoting muscle growth, L-arginine can increase your fitness and improve strength, which is needed for bodybuilding, and the result is a well-toned, lean muscle mass.
There is no standard L-arginine dosage for bodybuilding, but a range of 2 to 30 g daily is conventional.
However, to reduce the occurrence of side effects such as nausea and diarrhea, you should start with a low dose of 3 to 5 g daily.
Supplements should be taken before and after your workouts, and after the first week, you can increase the dosage to a point where the benefits are maximized and the side effects are reduced.
Boosting the Immune System
L-arginine plays a role in maintaining overall health by boosting the immune system. It does this by cleaning the body of free radicals and increases the effectiveness of the cells of the immune system.
Bodybuilding takes you through repeated physical stress and increases the chances of muscle damage and infections. It is thus important to ensure that the immune system is always bolstered, and L-arginine supplementation can help you achieve that
Other Positive Effects of L-arginine
L-Arginine improves the immune system and reduces healing time of injuries, functioning also as a component in the formation of bones and tendons.
As mentioned earlier, it increases muscle mass, while reducing body fat and is used in bodybuilding programs.
In a study published in the Journal of Vascular Surgery in December 2003, L-arginine was found to help reduce the risk of blood clots and stroke.
Similarly, a study in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology found it improved vascular function for people with Angina (Chest pain).
It was also studied as a supplement for cancer patients and result shown it helps reduce the growth of cancerous tumors and improved their immune response.
The most important role L-arginine can play in the human body is in the creation of Nitric Oxide, a chemical which causes blood vessels to widen.
This means that the cardiovascular system can be given a boost as a result of taking the supplement since extra blood is pumped around the body resulting in a stronger immune system and increased healing time.
Side effects are rare and generally mild for most users, however, you should speak to your doctor before taking this supplement.
L-arginine may be potentially unsafe for treating heart attacks in combination with standard treatment.
It may also make breathing more problematic for people with asthma.
Other side effects include abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, and gout.
Do not use L-arginine supplements with medications that lower blood pressure, heart medication or drugs such as Viagra that treat erectile dysfunction.
In some people, L-Arginine may increase the severity of herpes outbreaks, and pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid this supplement.
L-arginine can offer a wide range of health benefits in relation to men’s health from sexual function to improved cardiovascular endurance.
Although it is typically used in the area of erectile dysfunction due to the ability of L-arginine to increase blood flow, it can also boost muscle mass, reduce fat levels and improve general health.