L-Arginine Nitrate Supplement Review and Side Effects for Bodybuilding
Table of Contents
L-Arginine Nitrate is a hybrid form of supplemental arginine that is bonded to a nitrate group, and having the duo of ingredients not only improves the bioavailability of the amino acid, but also promotes muscular growth, vascularity, and efficient protein synthesis during and after your workouts.
Arginine nitrate (C6H15N5O5) comprises of one molecule of the amino acid arginine (C6H14N4O2) and a nitrate group (NO3) connected by a hydrogen bond (H).
L-Arginine Nitrate does the same general thing that L-Arginine supplements do, and that is, they help increase nitric oxide production, promoting nutrient delivery as well as giving you a fantastic pump.
However, L-Arginine nitrate is thought to prolong vasodilation – the expansion of blood vessels – more than L-arginine alone.
- SUPERIOR EXTRA STRENGTH L-ARGININE - Our Premium L-Arginine stacks Arginine HCI & Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate with Citrulline, a precursor to Nitric...
- SAFELY SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIFESTYLE & LEAN MUSCLE - L-Arginine is an essential amino acid that converts into Nitric Oxide, thereby helping to promote...
- SUPPORTS BIGGER PUMPS, PERFORMANCE, VASCULARITY AND GAINS - Arginine supports energy levels and lean muscle. In addition to promoting blood flow,...
- RELIABLE - Our formula contains NO preservatives, chemicals, artificial ingredients or sugars so you can trust that you are using an all-natural...
- GMP Certified
- Amino Acid
- Double Strength
- Premium Grade
- FROM AMERICA'S #1 SELLING BODY BUILDING SUPPLEMENT BRAND - Six Star Pre-Workout Explosion is from the makers of MuscleTech, so you know it's a premium...
- SUBJECTS GAINED 18.6% MORE STRENGTH - Subjects using the exact form of creatine in the formula increased their strength capacity on the bench press by...
- ENHANCES MUSCLE PERFORMANCE - with powerful ingredients like ultra-premium beta-alanine, creatine monohydrate, arginine AKG and ultra-clean caffeine...
- ELEVATES MENTAL PERFORMANCE & WORKOUT INTENSITY - with scientifically researched dose of caffeine
- ENGINEERED FOR ALL ATHLETES: the fuel you want before your workout for extreme energy, focus and intensity
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
However, L-Arginine Nitrate uses a very different method to go about increasing N.O. levels in the body. It uses the well-established L-Arginine-N.O.-Synthase (eNOS) pathway as the primary process for increasing nitric oxide levels.
L-arginine is used for improving athletic performance and speeding up recovery time after workouts.
L-arginine is taken for a variety of reasons and conditions, including coronary artery disease, hypertension (high blood pressure), erectile dysfunction (ED), preeclampsia, inflammation, male infertility and the common cold.
Nitrate supplements, on the other hand, are used by athletes to prevent excessive oxygen use during workouts, improve blood flow, increase endurance, promote mitochondrial energy increase, increase power and quicken recovery time.
What is Arginine?
Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid. “Semi-essential” means that the human body can manufacture arginine, but there are times when arginine must be supplemented
For instance, individuals who produce excessive amounts of ammonia, suffer from protein malnutrition and may have low arginine levels.
L-arginine is integral to the health and maintenance of the immune, endocrine, hepatic, gastrointestinal, renal, cardiovascular, reproductive, pulmonary and circulatory systems, of the body.
Symptoms of arginine deficiency include hair loss, rashes, slow-healing wounds, jaundice and protracted constipation. Arginine deficiency is a rare occurrence for people, especially in developed countries.
Arginine is found in high-protein foods and is also available as supplements.
Benefits of L-Arginine Nitrate
- Enhanced blood flow
- Greater Vasodilation
- Better nutrient delivery
- Increased Nitric Oxide production
- More pronounced vascularity
- Bigger Pumps
- Increased athletic performance
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Reduces exercise associated oxygen cost
Combining Arginine and Nitrate
Arginine is mostly used by sports persons who want to improve their endurance, performance and muscle strength. While arginine is a direct precursor of nitric oxide, it has a short half-life.
Meaning its levels drop rapidly. As a result, its effects on vasodilation are somewhat, short-lived.
However, L-Arginine and nitrate are combined to increase the duration of vasodilation, since nitrates have an eight-hour half-life.
Additionally, Nitrate intolerance by the system is reduced when the supplement is taken in combination with arginine.
Arginine Nitrate – Who Can Use it?
Both men and women performing high-intensity anaerobic exercises can use this. It is definitely a strength weightlifter’s supplement.
Yet it is important to note that arginine nitrate is for anaerobic exercise like sprinting and weightlifting. If you’re into Cross Fit or are working an intense weightlifting regimen, you should definitely give this supplement a shot.
Arginine Nitrate Side Effects
Nearly every user of Arginine Nitrate based product experienced zero side effects. The only side effects recorded with this product are very minor.
A very limited number of people have experienced abdominal pain, bloating, or diarrhoea and people with asthma also experience a worsening of breathing.
In clinical studies, the small group of people that had these side effects sometimes experienced them for a period up to three months.
Arginine nitrate may also interact with some heart medications and people on prescription drugs.
L-Arginine nitrate is used for exercise performance and to increase the duration of vasodilation (it is sometimes combined with L-citrulline to further extend vasodilation).
There is little research on arginine nitrate and its effects on vasodilation, and no studies available on the effects of combining this supplement with L-citrulline.
Wrong use of L-arginine nitrate or for prolonged periods of time may cause bloating, abdominal pains, airway inflammation, hypotension (low blood pressure), headaches, gout, blood abnormalities and worsening of allergy or asthma symptoms.
Ensure to speak with your doctor before taking any supplements, including Arginine Nitrate. Also, pregnant or nursing women should also not take supplements without talking to their doctor first.