L-Arginine Review and Benefits for Fitness and Sexual Performance
Table of Contents
L-Arginine is an amino acid involved in ammonia detoxification, secretion of hormones, and the immune system.
It is also known as a precursor to nitric oxide, an important component of endothelial-derived relaxing factor within the blood vessels.
The endothelium is the lining of the blood vessels and arginine supplements help make more nitric oxide which helps relax and dilate the blood vessels.
It is important to note that it has been studied for its role in athletic performance, burns and trauma, diabetes and syndrome X, male and female infertility, and interstitial cystitis.
- SUPERIOR EXTRA STRENGTH L-ARGININE - Our Premium L-Arginine stacks Arginine HCI & Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate with Citrulline, a precursor to Nitric...
- SAFELY SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIFESTYLE & LEAN MUSCLE - L-Arginine is an essential amino acid that converts into Nitric Oxide, thereby helping to promote...
- SUPPORTS BIGGER PUMPS, PERFORMANCE, VASCULARITY AND GAINS - Arginine supports energy levels and lean muscle. In addition to promoting blood flow,...
- RELIABLE - Our formula contains NO preservatives, chemicals, artificial ingredients or sugars so you can trust that you are using an all-natural...
- GMP Certified
- Amino Acid
- Double Strength
- Premium Grade
- FROM AMERICA'S #1 SELLING BODY BUILDING SUPPLEMENT BRAND - Six Star Pre-Workout Explosion is from the makers of MuscleTech, so you know it's a premium...
- SUBJECTS GAINED 18.6% MORE STRENGTH - Subjects using the exact form of creatine in the formula increased their strength capacity on the bench press by...
- ENHANCES MUSCLE PERFORMANCE - with powerful ingredients like ultra-premium beta-alanine, creatine monohydrate, arginine AKG and ultra-clean caffeine...
- ELEVATES MENTAL PERFORMANCE & WORKOUT INTENSITY - with scientifically researched dose of caffeine
- ENGINEERED FOR ALL ATHLETES: the fuel you want before your workout for extreme energy, focus and intensity
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
According to reviews, L-arginine products can support muscle growth, recovery after workout and athletic performance.
In very high dosage or quantities, L-arginine has been observed to increase the production of human growth hormone (HGH), which is why it is sometimes taken by athletes and bodybuilders.
Arginine is naturally produced in the body from citrulline, and most people do not need to take L-arginine to maintain healthy levels in the body. However, in rare cases, arginine needs to be supplemented.
L-Arginine is taken for a number of drives, including weight loss, bodybuilding, high blood pressure and treating erectile dysfunction.
L-Arginine has become popular for weight loss because it has been observed to increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, which may support weight loss.
However, only high levels of L-arginine have been observed to increase HGH levels. Furthermore, while the amino acid has been observed to help reduce fat mass in preliminary animal trials, only one clinical trial has been completed in relation to arginine and weight loss or gain.
L-Arginine for Bodybuilding
Bodybuilders and athletes supplement with L-arginine to improve endurance and promote muscle development. This is possible since L-arginine increases nitric oxide synthesis and elevates human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
L-Arginine is a substrate for the enzyme nitric oxide synthase, and as the name suggests, this enzyme produces nitric oxide, which is a potent vasodilator.
Vasodilators work to relax the smooth muscle tissue lining arteries and blood vessels, allowing them to widen and improving blood flow.
Athletes or bodybuilders are interested in blood flow because it means proteins, oxygen, and other nutrients are being delivered to their muscles, promoting endurance and improving recovery times.
Also, arginine supplementation has been observed to reduce ammonia and lactate levels in the blood. A buildup of these chemical compounds during exercise can lead to fatigue.
L-Arginine and Erectile Function
L-Arginine is used for erectile dysfunction because it improves blood flow. The benefits of L-Arginine do not only revolve around reproduction health, but also the general well-being of the individual.
L-Arginine increases the desire for sex or libido in men, with some surveyed individuals having reported that this supplement also gives them more endurance and stronger and explosive orgasms.
Sexual performance weighs a lot in many relationships, and for a relationship to last longer, sexual gratification plays a vital role.
The human body synthesizes L-Arginine into nitric oxide (NO) which causes blood vessels to vasodilates, allowing more blood to flow. This increased blood flow is vital for the overall sexual functioning in both male and female.
L-Arginine Side Effects
L-Arginine may interact with a number of prescription and over-the-counter drugs. In addition, it may not be suitable for persons with pre-existing medical conditions.
To wrap it up, the general overview is that L-Arginine offers a wealth of benefits to men’s sexual health as well as the growth of muscles and the ability to increase blood flow throughout the body including the sex organs.
L-Arginine is synthesized from foods and consumed as a dietary supplement for different resolutions, including pre-workout training, muscle growth, and sexual health.
There are, however, various ways in which it can be administered. Such ways include oral, enteral, topical formulations, intramural, and parenteral.
Although L-arginine is generally safe considering it is a natural amino acid. However, there are some potential side effects to keep in mind, especially for people with a history of heart disease, low blood pressure, diabetes, kidney problems or an active virus like herpes.
Speak to a medical specialist to review the possible side effects and interactions of L-arginine to make sure the supplement is right for you. It is not advised to supplement with L-arginine until you speak with a medical specialist first.