Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark Extract Effects, Doses and Health Risks
Table of Contents
Pausinystalia Yohimbe extract has been used in alternative medicine as an herbal remedy for some medical conditions. It is a supplement taken for sexual health, energy and fat loss.
Yohimbe is extracted from the bark of the Pausinystalia Yohimbe tree. The tree is a tall evergreen species found in western and central Africa, and may also be referred to by other names, including Corynanthe Yohimbe.
The active ingredient in this supplement is the alkaloid yohimbine.
Pausinystalia Yohimbe tree bark contains an active chemical known as yohimbine, which is sold as a prescription drug as yohimbine HCL.
- MAXIMUM MALE PERFORMANCE: Boost your drive, endurance and size while regaining your confidence
- POWERFUL FORMULA: Yohimbe, Horny Goat Weed, L Arginine and Maca supercharge blood flow and fertility
- BOOSTS ENERGY & MOOD: Premium male enhancement supplements provide the energy and gains you deserve
- NATURAL: Our premium enhancer blend includes Macuna Pruriens, Saw Palmetto and Panax Ginseng
- EFFECTIVE: Enlarging results you can feel to regain your prowess and achieve peak performance
- Extra Strength 5mg of Yohimbine HCl per Capsule
- 120 Capsules Per Bottle
- Guaranteed Quality and Purity
- For Both Men and Women
- Made in the USA
- Water Away Supplement - Our natural diuretic pills for water weight loss help balance fluid levels! This water retention relief supplement helps flush...
- Promotes Weight Loss - Lose water weight fast and get a slimmer, lighter figure with the help of our diuretic supplement. These potent water pills...
- Relieve Bloating and Swelling - Fight the symptoms of water retention and reduce bloating and swelling fast with our Water Away pills. This detox...
- Best Formula - Our water detox supplement includes pure herbal extracts like green tea leaf, dandelion, cranberry, juniper berry, and more for maximum...
- USA Made - All Tevare supplements are made in the United States by first class laboratories. Your satisfaction is our highest priority, which is why...
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Yohimbe bark extract, on the other hand, is available over the counter in health food stores.
The bark extract has much lower amounts of yohimbine than the prescription drug does, making most research on dosages to be focused on the prescription product.
The active chemical, yohimbine is associated with numerous side effects, and consultation with a qualified healthcare provider before taking Yohimbe is advised.
The Yohimbe tree is native to West Africa, where Yohimbe bark has traditional uses for sexual enhancement.
Yohimbe may be useful for treating erectile dysfunction in men and also as a sexual stimulant for women.
Some manufacturers also promote Yohimbe for weight loss and include Yohimbe in supplements that are believed to increase athletic performance.
Some of the uses for which Pausinystalia Yohimbe extract has been researched include:
- Improvement of libido and orgasm
- Alleviation of anxiety and fear
- Improvement of exercise performance
- Treatment of depression
- Treatment of dry mouth
- Treatment of orthostatic hypotension
- Treatment of sexual dysfunction
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction
Research studies have sought to evaluate the effectiveness of Pausinystalia Yohimbe in the treatment of these ailments, and up to date, results obtained have been mixed and inconclusive, except for few of the benefits.
No quality research exists on Yohimbe bark, so safe and effective dosages are not clearly established.
The suggestion is for you to begin with the lowest dosage recommended on the product label, and if you experience side effects, you may want to reduce the dosage.
If the product does not work effectively, you can then increase the dosage, but not more than advised on the product’s label.
According to the Swedish Medical Center, the usual dose of the drug yohimbine is 15 to 30 mg daily in divided doses.
Some people experience optimal effectiveness at much lower doses, even as low as daily consumption of 5mg of the product.
Taking a higher dose of Yohimbe does not necessarily produce better effectiveness, and some individuals will not experience noticeable benefits for a period up to three weeks of treatment.
Also, dosages of 0.2mg/kg bodyweight have been successfully used to increase fat burning without significant implications on cardiovascular parameters like heart rate and blood pressure.
The following dosage guideline can be used:
- 14 mg for a 150lb person
- 18 mg for a 200lb person, and
- 22 mg for a 250lb person
Supplementation is most effective between meals or during short-term fasting, and caution should be exercised at higher body weight, since the cardiovascular system may not be prepared to handle a stimulatory agent such as yohimbine.
As mentioned earlier, when supplementing yohimbine for the first time, always start with a half-dose and assess tolerance before proceeding.
Furthermore, caution should also be exercised since many supplements containing yohimbine either do not list how much yohimbine is included.
Even if they do so, the actual dose ranges from 25-150% of the dose listed.
Warning: Pausinystalia Yohimbe Side Effects
This supplement may have beneficial effects for some individuals, but it also poses the risk of potential side effects, on abuse.
Yohimbine has been declared as unsafe to consume by the European Union, and for this reason, Yohimbe bark extract has been banned in many countries.
The Natural Medicines Database has also rated Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark as Possibly Unsafe. However, they point out that it has been used safely under medical supervision.
Thus, it is important to consult a doctor before taking this supplement and follow recommended dosages closely.
Some of the more serious side effects that could occur while taking this supplement include:
- myocardial infarction,
- respiratory depression,
- blood pressure changes,
- agitation and
- cardiac arrhythmia.
Many of these side effects were associated with higher dosages of Pausinystalia Yohimbe, and a few case reports have also indicated the possibility of toxicity.
You should never exceed your recommended dosage, and should also seek medical attention immediately, and report any and all side effects to your doctor.
Pausinystalia Yohimbe Contraindications
Pausinystalia Yohimbe may have interaction with some medications, including Naloxone, stimulants, phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors and Guanabenz.
Yohimbe may also interact with any food or supplement that contains caffeine or ephedra, as well as anticoagulant supplements and berberine.
While using Yohimbe extract pills, you should avoid eating foods containing tyramine and foods containing vasopressors.
Pausinystalia Yohimbe is not safe for everyone, and please talk to your doctor before taking this product if you suffer from the following medical conditions:
- kidney disease,
- liver disease,
- post-traumatic stress disorder,
- heart disease,
- benign prostatic hyperplasia,
- diabetes or
- any bleeding condition.
Yohimbine may exacerbate these conditions or cause serious side effects in individuals who have these conditions.