Benefits and Risks of Human Growth Hormone, IGF-1
Table of Contents
Human growth hormone, HGH is naturally produced in the pituitary gland and plays a vital role in cell regeneration, growth, and maintenance of healthy human tissue, including that of the brain and other vital organs.
Once secreted, HGH remains active in the bloodstream for a short time, usually few minutes, allowing just enough time for the liver to convert it into growth factors, the most crucial being the insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), which promotes growth on every cell of the body.
Thus, an IGF-1 supplement can mimic the effects of healthy HGH levels by triggering similar cell growth reactions.
On the other hand, some key issues that men face, especially as they age include the loss of muscle and bone mass over time, and the inability to recover quickly from injury.
- TOP SELLING - Advanced Muscle Growth Enhancer designed to support your workouts, your energy levels and your physique. We serve thousands of satisfied...
- CUSTOM AMINO BLEND - Designed to support the body in power and endurance training.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - GMP Certified Manufacturing to guarantee purity in every bottle.
- MILITARY GRADE - Field Tested for Optimal Performance.
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED! We want you to be able to give your 100% during your workouts and not worry about your money; hence, if you aren't...
- One bottle containing 180 ZMA capsules with zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6
- Clinical trials have shown that ZMA can significantly increase anabolic output and muscle strength in well-trained athletes
- May also help to increase endurance, muscle healing and growth, and restful sleep
- Increase muscle strength and helps muscles recover from intense workouts and extreme training
- Promotes natural deep sleep cycles with less waking episodes
- Finest Quality, Strongest Product on the Market!
- Increases libido, Aids in Fat loss, Promotes Anti-Aging
- Increased glutathione levels, Cellular repair, muscle recovery and lean muscle development
- Increased energy and metabolism
- Aides in repairing DNA and promoting enhanced protein absorption.
Also, sexual health issues such as arousal, erectile dysfunction, and nerve sensitivity are inclusive as key issues that rank high for targeted male supplementation because, it is believed that an effective IGF supplement can address all of these issues, by supporting the building muscle, reinforcing bone, and boosting sexual power.
The main problems encountered in the use of IGF supplementation are legality and the effectiveness of pills vs. injections.
The Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1), is a protein hormone that is comprised of 70 amino acids. It binds to the insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF1R), resulting in signaling that causes cells to grow.
IGF is produced as a by-product of Human Growth Hormone synthesis by the liver and is used by the body to build and repair muscle tissues.
It may also have a role in the growth of some cancers, as well as age-related changes in tissues and organs of the body.
There has been much interest in the effectiveness of using the IGF-1 supplement as a solution to dwindling hormone levels that come with aging, and the result of the aging process on muscle development.
In recent times, the Deer Antler Extract has been decorated as a supplement that can boosts IGF-1 levels and is being widely used among professional sportspersons.
Benefits of Human Growth Hormone Includes
- Increased Muscle Strength
- Better Fracture Healing
- Enhanced Weight Loss
- Stronger Bones
- Reduced Cardiovascular Disease Risk
- Improvement in Erectile Dysfunction
- Decreased Obesity
- Better Mood and Cognitive Function: it was noticed that quality of life and psychological well-being are restored when growth hormone therapy in growth hormone-deficient adults is administered.
IGF-1 Side Effects
One of the most common short-term side effects reported from IGF-1 usage is hypoglycemia, a disorder characterized by an abnormally low level of blood sugar in the body system.
This is so because IGF-1 binds to two cell surface receptors; IGF-1 receptor and the insulin receptor, and when it binds to the insulin receptor, it activates the receptor at a smaller potency than insulin.
The risk of developing hypoglycemia is a contributing factor to the reason IGF-1 is limited in clinical application.
Furthermore, IGF-1 has a growth stimulating effect, in conjunction with human growth hormone. Information according to researchers suggests that IGF-1 achieves this effect by suppressing protein breakdown and preserving skeletal muscles.
However, too much IGF-1 in the blood can result in bone growth that causes changes in physical appearance.
Researchers have noticed that it would be reasonable to expect that athletes may develop some of the features like abnormal hands, feet, and face growth, with prolonged use of IGF-1.
Additionally, one of the more dangerous IGF-1 side effects observed in users is cardiomyopathy.
Cardiomyopathy is a disease which enlarges and weakens the heart, and too much of growth hormone and IGF-I can result in cardiomyocyte derangement, which may lead to heart abnormalities, as well as problems with cardiac beat regularity and heart valves.
In another vane, some researchers examined the relationship between cancer mortality and IGF-1, using a population-based study that was conducted with 633 men aged 50 years and older, who had IGF-1 measured in their blood after attending a clinic between the year 1988 -1991.
The participants were followed up through July 2006, with the study concluding that higher serum IGF-I in older men is associated with increased risk of cancer death, independent of lifestyle, age, adiposity, and cancer history.
Deer Antler Extracts and IGF-1
In recent times, the only established legit way to ingest IGF-1 supplement is through mouth sprays made from deer antler extract.
The growth factor that is naturally found in a velvet-like coating of growing deer antlers, is identical to the compounds produced in the human body when Human Growth Hormone from the pituitary gland is processed by the liver.
This deer antler extract has been used for centuries as a holistic medicine, but now commercialized and popular among bodybuilding communities.
Ideally, IGF-1 is a prescription-only drug. However, the deer antler sprays can be purchased and consumed legally with no prescription required.
Efficacy of Sprays
IGF-1 should not be taken as a pill because digestive enzymes, chemicals, and processes will destroy the bioactive components of the growth factor.
However, in spray form as the deer antler spray, IGF can be dropped under the tongue and absorbed directly into the bloodstream for optimum efficacy.
The result of Deer antler sprays such as increased lean muscle mass and recovery from bone and muscle injuries will start to become obvious within 3 – 5 weeks of regular use.
Years ago, an IGF-1 supplement through doctor-prescribed injection would have been the only way to receive the advanced muscle and bone support of this human growth factor.
Now, organic sprays derived from the growing antlers of deer or elk, offer a simple way to legally and safely supplement the compound.
The IGF in deer antler velvet extracts, as found in deer antler spray, can be a valuable tool in every sportsperson arsenal.
Last update on 2018-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API