Yohimbe as a Testosterone Booster
Table of Contents
Testosterone boosters are nutritional supplements which are purported to boost endogenous production of testosterone or improve the bio-availability of testosterone already produced by the body.
They are distinct from prohormones, which are compounds that are designed to imitate the actions of testosterone in the body by ingestion of a prohormone with testosterone like action.
Unlike prohormones, which lead to decrease in natural testosterone production, testosterone boosters will, therefore, optimize your body’s production and use of testosterone, rather than seeking to replace it.
Yohimbine, on the other hand, is derived from the bark of several trees, most notably Pausinystalia Yohimbe.
- MAXIMUM MALE PERFORMANCE: Boost your drive, endurance and size while regaining your confidence
- POWERFUL FORMULA: Yohimbe, Horny Goat Weed, L Arginine and Maca supercharge blood flow and fertility
- BOOSTS ENERGY & MOOD: Premium male enhancement supplements provide the energy and gains you deserve
- NATURAL: Our premium enhancer blend includes Macuna Pruriens, Saw Palmetto and Panax Ginseng
- EFFECTIVE: Enlarging results you can feel to regain your prowess and achieve peak performance
- Extra Strength 5mg of Yohimbine HCl per Capsule
- 120 Capsules Per Bottle
- Guaranteed Quality and Purity
- For Both Men and Women
- Made in the USA
- Water Away Supplement - Our natural diuretic pills for water weight loss help balance fluid levels! This water retention relief supplement helps flush...
- Promotes Weight Loss - Lose water weight fast and get a slimmer, lighter figure with the help of our diuretic supplement. These potent water pills...
- Relieve Bloating and Swelling - Fight the symptoms of water retention and reduce bloating and swelling fast with our Water Away pills. This detox...
- Best Formula - Our water detox supplement includes pure herbal extracts like green tea leaf, dandelion, cranberry, juniper berry, and more for maximum...
- USA Made - All Tevare supplements are made in the United States by first class laboratories. Your satisfaction is our highest priority, which is why...
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It has been marketed as a testosterone booster but there is no science-based evidence to suggest yohimbine has any effect on anabolic hormone production.
However, some studies suggest that yohimbine can have a very favorable impact on the metabolism of fat.
These studies suggest that Yohimbine is a highly unusual compound, as it is a natural alpha-2 antagonist that promotes sympathetic activity as well as peripheral mechanisms to promote fat loss.
Additionally, research has shown that supplementation with yohimbine does not raise heart rate, increase blood pressure or induce any other undesired side effect that is typical of other testosterone stimulants.
Best of all, when taken before exercise, yohimbine is shown to boost the process of mobilizing fat from cells, and increase blood free fatty acid levels both during and after exercise.
Yohimbe Supplements for Men
Yohimbe bark extract is obtained from the bark of Africa’s Pausinystalia Yohimbe tree.
It contains yohimbine, which is the active ingredient, and a mild MAO inhibitor and alpha-2 adrenoceptor antagonist.
This chemical acts on the body in a number of ways to produce effects that aid in the treatment of different health and medical conditions.
Some of the conditions that may be treated by yohimbine drugs include:
- dry mouth,
- sexual dysfunction,
- orthostatic hypotension and
- erectile dysfunction.
Many people also use Yohimbe bark extract in hopes of improving sexual experiences and boosting their workout performance.
To bodybuilders, yohimbine seems to have gained a reputation as a testosterone booster, even though this has not been demonstrated in studies.
Yohimbe is available in the form of a pill, a powder or a tea.
Does Yohimbe Increase Testosterone?
At this point, researchers have not been able to find clear evidence indicating that Yohimbe has a significant effect on testosterone levels.
A study examined the effects of yohimbine on organic erectile dysfunction by measuring nocturnal penile tumescence, hormone levels and by asking participants about their sexual behaviors.
According to the published results, there was no recorded influence on testosterone levels among the participants.
However, this study did find an optimistic effect on penile girth and erectile function in the men, with slightly raised levels of testosterone in their blood.
This very result tends to suggest that testosterone could play a role in mediating the benefits of yohimbine supplements. However, more research is needed to scientifically make any link conclusive.
Yohimbe Effects on Men
Yohimbe may not be a testosterone booster for men, but, studies have shown that it produces other desirable effects in men.
Some of these effects include:
- Improvement of erections– Yohimbine ingestion produces improvement of erections. This is thought to occur because of the compound’s ability to relax penile tissue and allow for more blood flow down there. Also, the compound has the ability to bring about an increase in blood pressure.
- Reduction of fat mass– a small number of studies has shown that the Ingestion of Yohimbe can reduce fat mass.
- An increase of penile girth– A noticeable increase in penile growth has been observed among some male users of Yohimbe supplements.
- Alleviation of erectile dysfunction– A published Research showed that consumption of Yohimbe can improve the symptoms of erectile dysfunction in men with less severe erectile dysfunction problem.
Yohimbe produces other beneficial effects in the body that are not unique or specific to men only. Such effects include a reduction in the symptoms of orthostatic hypotension and reduction in symptoms of phobias and fear-related anxiety.
Why would athletes take Testosterone Boosters?
Testosterone is of prime importance for anyone seeking to increase their strength or muscle mass, as it plays a very significant role in the acquisition of both.
Mens’ higher testosterone levels are the main reason men are more muscular than women, and higher testosterone levels are linked to the greater burning of body fat, greater aggression, and increased sexual drive.
Clearly then, anything which could be seen to enhance the actions of testosterone in the body would be highly prized by athletes and bodybuilders.
For natural athletes unwilling to take anabolic steroids, testosterone boosting supplements which enhance testosterone or increase the bioavailability of testosterone will be of considerable benefit.
Testosterone boosters will often be stacked with similar sports supplements in an effort to help the natural athlete replicate some of the results achieved by drug users.
A testosterone boosting supplement should allow for greater muscle mass and strength gains without any of the negative side effects of anabolic steroid use.
Conclusion on Yohimbe and Yohimbine
Yohimbine does not increase testosterone levels but could improve erection quality. It can work as a fat burner, especially, if taken before fasted-training.
Yohimbine has been noted to be incredibly potent as a stimulant and consuming just 5mg results in significantly increased heart rate and sweating, coupled with slight anxiety, nervousness, and hunger.