Legality of buying Yohimbine in Australia
Table of Contents
Yohimbine is a naturally occurring plant alkaloid which is used to burn fat, and function as a general stimulant, and a remedy for erectile dysfunction.
It comes from the bark of the Pausinystalia Yohimbe tree, which is native to West, and Central Africa.
Generally, ‘Yohimbe’ refers to a non-standardized preparation of bark, whilst ‘Yohimbine’ is used to describe the active ingredient of the Yohimbe bark.
Despite the fact it is permitted by some bodybuilding organization and can be bought and sold in the US and UK, Yohimbine is subject to import and sales restrictions in Australia and many other countries, including New Zealand and Canada.
- MAXIMUM MALE PERFORMANCE: Boost your drive, endurance and size while regaining your confidence
- POWERFUL FORMULA: Yohimbe, Horny Goat Weed, L Arginine and Maca supercharge blood flow and fertility
- BOOSTS ENERGY & MOOD: Premium male enhancement supplements provide the energy and gains you deserve
- NATURAL: Our premium enhancer blend includes Macuna Pruriens, Saw Palmetto and Panax Ginseng
- EFFECTIVE: Enlarging results you can feel to regain your prowess and achieve peak performance
- Extra Strength 5mg of Yohimbine HCl per Capsule
- 120 Capsules Per Bottle
- Guaranteed Quality and Purity
- For Both Men and Women
- Made in the USA
- Water Away Supplement - Our natural diuretic pills for water weight loss help balance fluid levels! This water retention relief supplement helps flush...
- Promotes Weight Loss - Lose water weight fast and get a slimmer, lighter figure with the help of our diuretic supplement. These potent water pills...
- Relieve Bloating and Swelling - Fight the symptoms of water retention and reduce bloating and swelling fast with our Water Away pills. This detox...
- Best Formula - Our water detox supplement includes pure herbal extracts like green tea leaf, dandelion, cranberry, juniper berry, and more for maximum...
- USA Made - All Tevare supplements are made in the United States by first class laboratories. Your satisfaction is our highest priority, which is why...
Last update on 2018-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Thus, despite its history of use, the supplement cannot be purchased in Australia due to its restricted legal status.
Also, buying yohimbine online and shipping it to Australia may also result in your package being seized by the border security.
Why Use Yohimbine?
Yohimbine has been shown to be very effective as a fat burner, and very successful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, ED in men.
Yohimbine is known as an alpha-2 antagonist, which blocks the alpha-2 receptors. Alpha-2 receptors work against the release of catecholamine hormones like adrenaline and noradrenaline.
By blocking these receptors, there are higher levels of these stimulatory hormones, to not only provide a feeling of energy, but the blocking of alpha-2 adrenergic receptors has been shown to enhance thermogenesis and the breakdown of fat.
Unlike many other supplements, yohimbine has been tested in humans and shown to have a scientific and significant effect on the reduction of body fat.
Research showing that yohimbine is ideally suited to pre-exercise use, and operates in synergy with caffeine, making it an ideal ingredient in pre-workout and fat burner formulations.
Yohimbine is also well established as a treatment for erectile dysfunction since blocking the alpha-2 adrenergic receptors promotes the release of nitric oxide, which is a known vasodilator.
This process helps relaxes the penile tissue, and can increase blood pressure, facilitating this effect.
Individuals, both in Australia and other parts of the world consumes Yohimbine to reduce the symptoms of male sexual issues such as erectile dysfunction or impotence.
Yohimbine works by increasing the amount of blood flowing to the penile region and to the penis, enabling men to achieve an erection.
The supplement is used:
- As an aphrodisiac
- For weight loss,
- For increased athleticism, and
- Orthostatic hypotension.
People also use yohimbine to enhance libido and to counteract sexual dysfunction caused by selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant medications, in both men and women.
Yohimbine Side Effect
Unfortunately, yohimbine comes with an unacceptably high risk of side effects, and there is only a very small difference between a dose considered therapeutic, and one considered dangerous or toxic.
Some of the side effects produced by yohimbine can be serious or life-threatening sometimes.
Some of the most common side effects include:
- psychological changes.
- Anxiety is frequently reported
- Mood changes and
- Panic attacks.
Yohimbine has addictive potential too. People with underlying psychological illnesses are prone to aggravation, including psychosis and the development of schizophrenia.
Yohimbine has interactions with many classes of drugs, with the most dangerous being the MAOIs.
The effects of the two substances on the sympathetic nervous system are additive and can cause a hypertensive crisis, which is a medical emergency.
The rapid and extreme increase in blood pressure can cause heart attack and stroke. Yohimbine can raise the blood pressure of the body and is considered dangerous in people with cardiovascular disease.
Yohimbine may worsen liver and kidney disease, and it may make prostate symptoms worse too.
People with chronic conditions, particularly diabetes and cardiovascular disease, are especially advised to avoid taking yohimbine.
One of the main reasons why yohimbine has been banned in Australia is due to its risk of adverse effects, and few reports of serious dangerous effects, which have occurred, especially when using high doses of this supplement.
According to the Natural Medicines Database, yohimbine is rated as Possibly Unsafe when used as a dietary supplement, however, it is considered safe when used under medical supervision for a period up to 10 weeks.
Side effects of yohimbine may include trouble breathing, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, tremors, genital pain, and painful erection.