Yohimbine Legality in the UK
Table of Contents
Yohimbine is an herbal extract that is derived from the Yohimbe tree. This tree has been grown in Africa for hundreds of years and was brought back to Europe in the 19th century by missionaries. It quickly became popular for its aphrodisiac effects.
In recent times, interest in this herbal supplement has returned, and potential yohimbine buyers in the UK must be aware of the herb’s legal status to ensure they comply with the law.
It is widely used in the United States, but has a different regulatory status in the UK and is not available as a dietary supplement.
There is also anxiety about the risk of side effects associated with the use of Yohimbine HCL products.
- MAXIMUM MALE PERFORMANCE: Boost your drive, endurance and size while regaining your confidence
- POWERFUL FORMULA: Yohimbe, Horny Goat Weed, L Arginine and Maca supercharge blood flow and fertility
- BOOSTS ENERGY & MOOD: Premium male enhancement supplements provide the energy and gains you deserve
- NATURAL: Our premium enhancer blend includes Macuna Pruriens, Saw Palmetto and Panax Ginseng
- EFFECTIVE: Enlarging results you can feel to regain your prowess and achieve peak performance
- DIET PILLS THAT HELP GET RID OF BELLY FAT. Contains the stomach fat burner yohimbine (yohimbe)
- WEIGHT LOSS PILLS FOR BOTH MEN & WOMEN. Helps reduce all stubborn fat, including leg & butt fat
- LOSE THOSE LOVE HANDLES FAST. Ready to remove belly fat and get the flat stomach you really want
- BURN BELLY FAT & NOT MUSCLE. Contains the supplement HMB to maintain muscle while you lose fat
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We hope you love Forge, but if you don't, you get your money back
- 300mg of Caffeine (natural and anhydrous), 16g of Beta-Alanine, 3g of Creatine in every scoop
- Pre-workout for Men or Women with 100% label transparency featuring ingredients with a purpose
- Exclusive to BSN 4.5g Pump Blend featuring 3g VELOX (50:50 ) patented pump technology, 1g NO3-T Creatine Nitrate, 500mg Magnesium & Calcium...
- Mix 1 scoop with 5-6 fl oz of water and consume 15-30 minutes prior to workout To support hydration, drink plenty of water throughout your workout
As earlier stated, Yohimbine comes from the bark of the Pausinystalia Yohimbe tree that is native to Cameroon, Congo, and Nigeria.
The tree grows up to 30 meters high with long leaves, and the name of the alkaloid extract derived from the Yohimbe tree is called “yohimbine”.
Yohimbine Hydrochloride (HCL) is a synthetic version of the chemical, yohimbine, that is used in prescription drugs.
The active ingredients in Yohimbe are indole alkaloids. These alkaloids include yohimbine, ajmaline, and Pseudoyohimbine.
Of all these alkaloids, the chemical known as yohimbine is thought to be the primary active ingredient.
Uses of Yohimbine
Yohimbine has been shown to be very effective as a weight loss supplement, and very successful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Yohimbine is known as an alpha-2 antagonist. This means that it blocks the alpha-2 receptors.
Alpha-2 receptors on its own, work against the release of catecholamine hormones like adrenaline and noradrenaline.
Thus, by blocking these receptors, there are higher levels of these stimulatory hormones in the system. They not only tend to provide a feeling of energy, but the blocking of alpha-2 adrenergic receptors has been shown to enhance thermogenesis and the breakdown of fat.
Yohimbine has been tested in humans and shown to have a scientific and significant effect on the reduction of body fat.
Studies did show that yohimbine is ideally suited to pre-exercise use, and operates in synergy with caffeine, making it an ideal ingredient in pre-workout and fat burner formulations.
Yohimbine is also known as a treatment for erectile dysfunction since the blocking of the alpha-2 adrenergic receptors promotes the release of nitric oxide, which is a known vasodilator.
This process helps relaxes the penile tissue, and aid to increase blood pressure, facilitating this effect.
How to Buy Yohimbine in the UK
For users of yohimbine supplements in the UK, the knowledge of the legal status of this product is important.
Much of the UK law about Yohimbe and other such supplements derives from European Union regulations, however, the UK maintains its own regulations that affect whether you can find yohimbine for sale locally.
England in particular, has an independent regulatory system, while Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales have a separate national legislation that determines which supplements are available for use.
This conflicting or varying legislations makes it confusing for some people who wonder whether yohimbine HCL is banned in the UK.
Having said that, you should know that it is not legal to buy yohimbine in the UK on an over-the-counter basis.
UK laws state that the supplement can only be sold locally in a registered pharmacy by someone who is a pharmacist or supervised by a pharmacist.
That does not mean that yohimbine is illegal substance to possess, and in order to buy yohimbine in the UK, it may be possible to make an online purchase and have the supplement shipped to your home.
Interactions with Other Drugs
Yohimbine extract may interact with other drugs or foods you consume, making it essential to be careful when taking the supplement.
Yohimbe bark may suppress the action of anticoagulants, which may increase bleeding risk.
It may also interact with products that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola, and chocolate, and could trigger a hypertensive crisis.
Using yohimbine concurrently with ephedrine may lead to hypertensive crisis.
On a final note, if you live in the UK and are interested in using Yohimbine or Yohimbe, it is wise to speak to your doctor.
If necessary, your doctor will provide you with a prescription in order to legally buy Yohimbine HCL in the UK.